A quick and simple summer dinner.
- 1 long leek, sliced into half-moons
- 1 medium courgette, diced
- handful of frozen peas
- 1 tbsp of oil
- 1-2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tsp of rice vinegar (or lemon juice)
- Herbs and spices: ginger, chilli flakes, turmeric, black pepper
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, throw in sliced leeks and fry on low flame until the leek wilts.
- Add in diced courgette,
- sprinkle with 1/4 tsp ginger and some chilli flakes or powder, to taste.
- Pour in 1-2 tbsp of soy sauce or to taste, cover with a lid and simmer until courgettes get soft. 5-10 minutes.
- Pour in 1 tsp of rice vinegar or lemon juice,
- sprinkle with some turmeric,
- mix in frozen peas,
- sprinkle with black pepper to taste. Cover with lid and simmer until peas get soft. No more than 5 minutes. Serve with rice.